Sunday, June 12, 2011

MY TESTIMONY



LostSeed.com

                                                                  
I am Christopher. I come from a Christian family. After finishing my schooling and when I was doing my pre-graduation course, I sensed a kind of emptiness in my heart. (That emptiness, which I later-on understood, was God’s way of drawing me to Himself). In my desperate attempts to solve that problem, I found myself bunking college and attending Christian meetings or visiting a Christian bookshop that was located near my college with the hope of finding a solution.

During one such visit to that Christian bookshop, I came across a small booklet titled: 'Tell me plainly, how to be saved.' Through that booklet (written according to the Bible), I have understood that every human-being is a sinner and is bound to go to hell after one’s time on this planet-earth is over. But God’s great love for man-kind made Him send His only son, Jesus Christ, into this world. Jesus, who lived a sin-less life, suffered an account of our sins and died on the cross in our place. He rose again from death the third day and is now in the midst of us in the form of the Holy Spirit. Whoever believes in Him will become a child of God and will skip hell to enter heaven, the presence of the Almighty God.

That booklet went-on to say that the way of believing in Jesus Christ is by repenting of our sins and asking Him for forgiveness for our sins as only the blood of Jesus Christ has the power to cleanse us from every kind of sin. Then we should invite Him into our hearts.

When I did all that, the emptiness in my heart left and the love, joy & peace which I never had till then, filled my heart. Since then, the Lord has been wonderfully leading me and has never left me alone, as per His promise in the Bible for all those who come to Him in faith. He gave a purpose for my living.

Whatever I have been going through in life, I can say with all confidence, that there was never a time that I felt or was left helpless; this is so as one of the precious promises in the Bible says: “Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.”

This is how the Lord has sought me, forgave my sins, made me His child, has been meeting all my needs and put His peace & joy in my heart that no person or experience or circumstance or problem can take it away.

It’s a Biblical fact that every person has a heart with a God-shaped vacuum and nothing can fill that vacuum, except God Himself. This is why we need to invite Jesus to come into our hearts after repenting of our sins.

The one decision I will never regret is, giving my heart to the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope and wish that you also will make a decision to make Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Savior. If so, please say this prayer meaningfully from your heart:

Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that you are the Almighty God. Thank you for suffering on the cross for my sake. I now repent of all my sins. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with your precious blood. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus and make me your child. From now on, I will read the Bible regularly and obey what it says. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

If you have made a decision to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, please let me know the good news. Thanks. May you know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

2 comments:

V Seion said...

Nice and encouraging....

Christopher said...

Thanks V Seion . . .