Friday, November 27, 2015

SINGING IN THE RAIN


A saintly woman suffering for weary months in painful illness said to her pastor: "I have such a lovely robin that sings outside my window. In the early morning, as I lie here, he serenades me."

Then, as a smile brightened her thin features, she added, "I love him, because he sings in the rain."

That is the most beautiful thing about the robin. When the storm has silenced almost every other songbird, the robin sings on - sings in the rain.

Anybody can sing in the sunshine; you and I should sing on when clouds pour out their rains, for Christ is with us. We should sing in the rain.

- J. R. Miller. (moreillustrations.com)

Hab 3:17-18 (GNB): "Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the farms produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty, I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my saviour..."


"Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." - G.K.Chesterton.

No comments: