Sunday, December 3, 2017

PREACHING THE GOSPEL



A young preacher went to David Swing, the poet-preacher of Chicago, many years ago and asked him what he should do to get a congregation on Sunday.

He said: "I have tried history, biography, literature, poetry, book reviews, politics - but the people won't come. What shall I do?"

Swing responded: "Suppose now you try the gospel!"

- (moreillustrations.com)

“I have complete confidence in the gospel; it is God's power to save all who believe, first the Jews and also the Gentiles.” – Paul (Rom 1:16 GNT)

“If I preach to please men, I am not the servant of Christ; and woe unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” -  William Tiptaft.

“Other men may preach the gospel better than I, but no man can preach a better gospel.” -  George Whitefield.

No comments: