Monday, September 23, 2019

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD…



Dr. James M. Gray says:

"Once, when convalescing from a long illness, it was suggested that for the benefit of the change I visit the British provinces. The arrangements were all made when unexpectedly another malady threw me on my bed again. How disappointing! For what was I waiting longer in the sick room? Soon I received a satisfactory answer. Picking up a newspaper, I read that the steamer on which I should have sailed struck a reef on entering St. John harbor & almost instantly sank."

- Sunday School Times. (moreillustrations.com)

Rom 8:28 (NLV): “We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan.”

“Howbeit your faith seeth but the black side of Providence, yet it hath a better side, and God shall let you see it. We know that all things work together for good to them that love God; hence I infer that losses, disappointments, ill tongues, loss of friends, houses or country, are God's workmen, set on work to work out good to you, out of everything that befalleth you.” -  Samuel Rutherford.

No comments: