Wednesday, November 6, 2019

MISTAKEN



The meek-looking gentleman arose hastily & offered his seat in the car to the self-assertive woman who had entered & glared at him.

She gave him no thanks as she seated herself, but she spoke in a heavy voice that filled the whole car:

"What are you standing up there for? Come here & sit on my lap."

The modest man turned scarlet as he huskily faltered:

"I fear, madam, that I am not worthy of such an honor."

"How dare you!" the woman boomed. "You know perfectly well I was speaking to my niece behind you."

- (moreillustrations.com)

"One thing that I have learned over time is that when you make a mistake, recognize it, admit to it and figure out why the mistake was made. Then do everything in your power to avoid making the same mistake again." -  Dr. Marshall Hennington.

“So stop evaluating Christians by what the world thinks about them or by what they seem to be like on the outside. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, merely as a human being like myself. How differently I feel now!” – Paul (2 Cor 5:16 TLB).

No comments: