Monday, November 17, 2014

Former American President George W. Bush's Testimony:


Actually, the seeds of my decision had been planted by Rev Billy Graham. One evening my dad asked Billy to answer questions from a big group of family gathered for the weekend. He sat by the fire & talked. And what he said sparked a change in my heart. I don't remember the exact words. It was more the power of his example. The Lord was so clearly reflected in his gentle & loving demeanor.

The next day we walked & talked & I knew I was in the presence of a great man. He was like a magnet; I felt drawn to seek something different. He didn't lecture admonish; he shared warmth & concern. Billy Graham didn't make you feel guilty; he made you feel loved.

It was the beginning of a change in my life. I had always been a "religious" person, had regularly attended church, even taught Sunday school & served as an altar boy. But that weekend my faith took on a new meaning. It was the beginning of a new walk where I would commit my heart to Jesus Christ.

I was humbled to learn that God sent His Son to die for a sinner like me. I was comforted to know that through the Son, I could find God's amazing grace. Through the love of Christ's life, I could understand the life changing powers of faith. (Godlikeproductions.com)

2Co 5:17 (GW): “Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.”

No comments: