Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Ultimate Thief


Arthur Barry was described by Time magazine as "the slickest second-story man in the East," truly one of the most famous jewel thieves of all time.

In his years of crime, he committed as many as 150 burglaries & stole jewels valued between $5 and $10 million.

Like most people who engage in a life of crime, he was eventually caught, convicted & served 25 years in prison for his crimes. Following his release, he worked as a counterman in a roadside restaurant on the East Coast for $50 a week.

A newspaper reporter found him & interviewed him about his life. After telling about the thrilling episodes of his life, he came to the conclusion of the interview saying, "I am not good at morals. But early in my life, I was intelligent & clever & I got along well with people. I think I could have made something of my life, but I didn't.

So when you write the story of my life, when you tell people about all the burglaries, don't leave out the biggest one of all... Don't just tell them I robbed Jesse Livermore, the Wall Street baron or the cousin of the king of England.

You tell them Arthur Barry robbed Arthur Barry." 

(Lewis Timberlake-aksermonillustrations.blogspot.in)

Gal 6:7 (GNB): “Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant.”

No comments: