Friday, January 23, 2015

CONTROL OF TONGUE


At an evening social for Army Officers & their wives, the Commanding General of the base had been given a special award & proceeded to drone on in a long speech of thanks.

An Officer mumbled to the woman at his side, "Why they would award him a prize is beyond me. He's nothing but a stupid old windbag."

The woman turned to him; her jaw set & said, "Sir, do you know who I am?"

"No, ma’am."

"I am the wife of the man you just called 'a stupid old windbag.'”

"I see," said the Officer, "and do you know who I am?"

"No, I don't," said the General's wife.

"Good," said the Officer as he disappeared into the crowd.
(tripod.com)

Jas 3:2 (GNB): “All of us often make mistakes. But if a person never makes a mistake in what he says, he is perfect and is also able to control his whole being.”

“Remember that the tongue speaks only what is in the heart.” - Theodore Epp.


No comments: