Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Don't destroy yourself…


“On my 19th birthday, I got so drunk that I couldn’t remember what happened that night.

The next day, I ran into my friend who had been badly beaten up. He had a swollen eye & other bruises. I asked what happened.

“Don’t you remember?” he asked. “You beat me up last night!”

That stunned me. It shook me so much that I decided to never take another drink of alcohol. And I never have since then.

I wouldn’t be where I am today if I hadn’t quit smoking & drinking.” - George Foreman (former heavyweight boxing champion, in his book ‘God in My Corner,’)

What to do after deciding to quit drinking!

1. Don't exaggerate any discomfort.

2. Avoid arguments and other conflicts.

3. Stay away from your drinking buddies.

4. Be prepared to refuse a drink. Reaffirm, "I'm not going to have a drink today!"

5. Don't waste time worrying about whether you will sleep tonight.

6. Remember Phil. 4:13: "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (cbn.com)

Eph 5:18 (CEV): “Don't destroy yourself by getting drunk, but let the Spirit fill your life.”

No comments: