Wednesday, February 4, 2015

HOW WILL THEY EVER HEAR THE GOSPEL?


As I was riding a bus through London, I was struck by the sight of people from so many races & cultures who live in that great city. I began to focus on all the nationalities represented & wondered how the whole world would ever hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

While I was deep in thought, a woman stopped in the aisle next to my seat. With a beautiful smile, she extended a sheet of paper & asked, “Would you like to read about being born again?” I thanked her & told her that I knew the Lord Jesus Christ. “Praise God,” she said quietly & moved on to the next person.

I thought, that’s how they’ll hear! One at a time they’ll hear the gospel from faithful believers who reach out to others wherever they are.

The woman on the bus made me think of Paul’s commendation to the Christians in Thessalonica: “From you the word of the Lord has spread out not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place where your faith in God has become known. As a result, we do not need to say anything.” (1Th 1:8 ISV)

Instead of being paralyzed by the thought that millions haven’t heard, she was sharing Christ with a few, right where she lived. What if we all did that - starting today? - David C. McCasland. (preceptaustin.org)

No comments: