Thursday, June 9, 2016

THE PERSONAL TOUCH



I accompanied my father when I was just a small child to see my grandmother, who lived about 3miles from our home. We remained longer than we should & night overtook us.

Between our home & grandmother's was a swamp & that night the frogs croaking & crickets chirping, together with the darkness & shadows of the trees, frightened me.

I inquired of my father if there were any danger of "something catching us" and he assured me there was no danger. Soon I asked the same question again & received the same answer.

But my father saw I was frightened & he took me by the hand & said: "I will not allow anything to harm you." And all my fears passed away & I was ready to face the world; for my father had me by the hand.

How like our Heavenly Father is this. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me" (Ps. 23:4).

- W. B. Davidson  (moreillustrations.com)

"If you would build a wall of protection about your child, build it with prayer." – Unknown.

No comments: