Monday, May 29, 2017

HERITAGE



A Presbyterian minister of long & honorable service, who died sometime ago, concluded his last testament & will with this final bequest:

"I desire also to bequeath to my children & their families my testimony to the truth & preciousness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

This heritage of the Christian faith, received in unbroken line from exiled & persecuted Huguenots & Scotch Covenanters as ancestors, is of infinitely more value than any house, land, or barns. 

I hereby bequeath and devise it to them."

The greatest thing that parents can bequeath to their children is an interest & fortune in the Kingdom of God.

- (moreillustrations.com)

Ps 110:111 (CJB): “I take your instruction as a permanent heritage, because it is the joy of my heart.”

No comments: