Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A MARK OF OWNERSHIP



If you have a book which you do not wish to lose you write your name in it.

The shepherd brands his name upon his sheep & everyone knows they are his.

"From henceforth let no man trouble me," wrote Paul, "for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus." (Gal 6:17)

And we read in Revelation 22:4 of those who serve the Lord, "My name shall be in their foreheads."

The Good Shepherd knows His own sheep by name & no one can pluck them out of His hand.

- Sunday at Home. (moreillustrations.com)

“God owns all; He owns me; He owns my home; He owns my children; He owns my property. I have called your attention before to the fact that the modern idea of ownership is pagan. The Christian idea is this: that God is the absolute owner of all things.” -  Clovis G. Chappell.

"At the end of your life on earth you will be evaluated and rewarded according to how well you handled what God entrusted to you." - Rick Warren.
 

No comments: