Sunday, June 17, 2018

FATHERS!



The story is told of a young man who stood at the bar of justice to be sentenced for forgery. The judge had known him from a child & known the family intimately.

The boy's father was a famous lawyer, having written some of the best material on the subject of "Trusts."

"Do you remember your father?" asked the judge in stern fashion, "that father whom you have disgraced?"

"Yes," said the boy, "I remember him perfectly. When I went to him for advice & companionship he often said to me, `Run away, boy, I'm busy.' My father gave all his time to his work & little time for me. So here I am."

The great lawyer had written much about trusts, but had missed the greatest trust of all - his own son.

God has laid definite responsibilities on parents. What a tragedy to make the mistake the great lawyer made.

- (moreillustrations.com)

Gen 18:19 (ICB): “I have chosen him (Abraham) so he would command his children and his descendants to live the way the Lord wants them to. I did this so they would live right and be fair. Then I, the Lord, will give Abraham what I promised him.”

“The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”  -  Theodore Hesburgh.

No comments: