Wednesday, October 17, 2018

SEEKING GOD!



Sir James Falshaw, formerly Chairman of the North British Railway Company, a personal friend of Queen Victoria and a most successful business man, was asked, during the progress of a banquet given in his honor when he was 80 years of age:

“In the interests of the young men present, who are anxious to make the most of life, I wish to ask one question, Sir James. Is there anything in your life, any one factor, upon which you can lay your finger as the secret of your wonderful prosperity?”

The old man rose up & said:

“I can answer that question without much difficulty. Whatever prosperity, success & honor have attended my life, I attribute to the fact that when I was 15 years of age, I gave my heart to God.”

- (moreillustrations.com)

Mat 6:33 (HCSB): “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”

“An honest heart seeks to please God in all things and offend Him in none.” -  A.W. Pink.

“The most important qualification for a servant of God is that he does not seek his own.” -  Zac Poonen.


No comments: