Sunday, March 17, 2019

POWER


When I first met Mr. Hudson Taylor, in London in 1887, I expected to see a man with a black beard & a full round voice. Instead, I found him a little man, with a blonde beard & a quiet & gentle voice.

I immediately concluded that his power was not in his personality, but rather in God. As the years of my acquaintance lengthened out, this conclusion was increasingly confirmed.

To the end of his life he won great victories with God & over men; but the secret was always communion with his Father in Heaven.
- Henry W. Frost, in China's Millions.(moreillustrations.com)

“If you look up into His face and say, "Yes, Lord, whatever it costs," at that moment He'll flood your Life with His presence and power.” -  Alan Redpath.

Lord Jesus said: “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (Jn 15:5 NIV).

No comments: