Monday, June 17, 2019

RELEASING HURT - FORGIVING



A little boy was sitting on a park bench in obvious pain. A man walking by asked him what was wrong.
The young boy said, "I'm sitting on a bumble bee."

The man urgently asked, "Then why don't you get up?"

The boy replied, "Because I figure I'm hurting him more than he is hurting me!"

How many of us handle forgiveness like this little boy?

We endure pain for the sadistic satisfaction of believing we are hurting our offender more than he is hurting us.

When we get off the bench of unforgiveness both parties can begin to realize relief from their pain.

Source: Kent Crockett, (ministry127.com)

“I also think it's hard to hate one person but love another. It's hard to treat anybody right when our heart isn't right. Even people you want to love may be suffering from your bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness.” -  Joyce Meyer.

Rom 12:19 (GW): Don’t take revenge, dear friends. Instead, let God’s anger take care of it. After all, Scripture says, “I alone have the right to take revenge. I will pay back, says the Lord.”

No comments: