Sunday, August 24, 2014

D L MOODY (1837-1899)


~One critic suggested that Moody should realize his limitations and not attempt to speak in public.

"You make too many mistakes in grammar,” he complained.

“I know I make mistakes,” replied Moody, “and I lack a great many things, but I'm doing the best I can with what I've got.”

He paused and looked at the man searchingly and said, “Look here, friend, you've got grammar enough - what are you doing with it for the Master?"

Luke 12:48: "...Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given."

~Someone once asked Mr. Moody, "Can a man chew tobacco and go to heaven?"

The startling reply came, "Yes, but he would have to spit in hell!"

Proverbs 26:5: “Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.”

No comments: