Sunday, August 31, 2014

THE DEVIL'S BEANS


Rowland Hill, a prominent preacher of former years, related this incident in one of his sermons:

"The other day I was going down the street, and I saw a drove of pigs following a man. This excited my curiosity so much that I determined to follow. I did so and to my great surprise, I saw them follow him to the slaughter house.

I was anxious to know how this was brought about and I said to the roan, `My friend, how did you manage to induce these pigs to follow you here?'

`Oh, did you not see?' said the man. 'I had a basket of beans under my arm and I dropped a few as I came along and so they followed me.'

`Yes,' said the preacher, `and I thought so it is, the devil has his basket of beans under his arm and he drops them as he goes along and what multitudes he induces to follow him to an everlasting slaughter house.'” - Gospel Herald.

1Pet 5:8 (NHEB): "Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."

Jas 4:7 (ISV): "Therefore, submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you."


No comments: