Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Guidance (G-u-i-dance)


When I meditated on the word "guidance," I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.

I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music & everything is quite uncomfortable & jerky.

When one person lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness & attentiveness from one person & gentle guidance & skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word guidance. When I saw "G", I thought of God, followed by "u" & "i". God, "u" & "i" dance". God, you & I dance. This statement is what guidance means to me.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. I became willing to let God lead. - The Sermon Fodder.

Psa 27:4 (GNB) says: “I have asked the LORD for one thing; one thing only do I want: to live in the LORD's house all my life, to marvel there at his goodness, and to ask for his guidance.”

No comments: