Sunday, February 28, 2016

BEING TRUTHFUL



In the home of a pious farmer there hung the well-known verse: "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)

The verse meant something in that house, for the farmer prayed daily that he & all might truly serve the Lord. But his oldest son persistently refused to accept Christ.

One day the father & son were alone in the room where the verse hung. The father said, "My dear Henry, I cannot & will not be a liar any longer. You, who belong to my house, do not want to serve the Lord. Therefore I must add the words `except Henry.' It hurts me to do it, but I must be true."

The thought so impressed the boy that he gave himself to Christ.

- Examiner (moreillustrations.com)

“It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one bold enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it.” - A.A. Hodge.

“An honest heart loves the Truth.” -  A.W. Pink.

No comments: