Sunday, February 7, 2016

INVESTING TIME



Charles Francis Adams, son of President John Quincy Adams & grandson of President John Adams, kept a diary.

One day he entered: “Went fishing with my son today - a day wasted.”

His son, Brook Adams, also kept a diary, which is still in existence. On that same day, Brook Adams made this entry: “Went fishing with my father - the most wonderful day of my life!”

The father thought he was wasting time while fishing with his son, but his son saw it as an investment of time.
The only way to tell the difference between wasting & investing is to know one’s ultimate purpose in life & to judge accordingly.

- from: ‘Better Dads, Stronger Sons’ by Rick Johnson (ministry127.com)

1Ti 3:5 (ISV): “For if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?”

“I believe the family was established long before the church, and my duty is to my family first. I am not to neglect my family.” - D.L. Moody.

Ecc 3:1 (NET): “For everything there is an appointed time, and an appropriate time for every activity on earth.”

No comments: