Friday, February 26, 2016

SLAPPED IN THE FACE FOR YEARS



A man said, "For years when I have bowed down in private prayer a certain incident in my life has been slapping me in the face."

The speaker was a man above 80 yrs of age. He was a man of wealth. He had given thousands to missions & the cause of education. He was a liberal man. But there was a little sand on the journal, which caused a slight friction.

This is his story as related with his own lips. "Years ago I bought some hay from a neighbor. It was weighed & I gave the man the totals. Before the account was settled, the man died. I went to the administrator & asked if he had any account against me & he found nothing & I gave the claim no further attention. 

The matter has put a shadow on my life for years & has hindered & impeded my spiritual progress. Tomorrow morning first thing I am going to the widow & settle the account in full.”

Best of all, he did it. A new light broke over his face. The controversy was over. He had liberty again. His testimony rang clear & true. That which had been slapping him in the face was gone.

 - The King's Business. (moreillustrations.com)

Proverbs 28:13 (GNB): “You will never succeed in life if you try to hide your sins. Confess them and give them up; then God will show mercy to you.”

“Happy is the man who renounces everything which may bring a stain or burden upon his conscience.” -  Thomas a Kempis.

No comments: