Sunday, April 23, 2017

A MILLIONAIRE’S REFLECTION



One of the most influential men in Great Britain is Lord Beaverbrook, who owns the London Daily Express & a number of other daily papers. He is the son of a preacher.

He made a fortune in Canada & then went to England, where he has forged ahead & made money & a name for himself. Some years ago he was elevated to the peerage.

Recently, he wrote, "The evangelist is the man who has the greatest opportunity for doing good & if I were in a position to influence the life of a sincere young man today, I would say to him, 'Rather choose to be an evangelist than a cabinet minister or a millionaire.'

When I was a young man I pitied my father for being a poor man & a humble preacher of the Word. Now that I am old, I envy him, his life & career."

- (moreillustrations.com)

2 Tim 4:5 (CSB): “But as for you, exercise self-control in everything, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.”

“We should always look upon ourselves as God's servants, placed in God's world, to do His work; and accordingly labor faithfully for Him; not with a design to grow rich and great, but to glorify God, and do all the good we possibly can.” -  David Brainerd.

“You had better be a poor man and a rich Christian, than a rich man and a poor Christian.”  -  Thomas Brooks.

No comments: