Friday, April 7, 2017

A PLEASANT YOKE



Billy Bray was a Cornish miner who accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior in 1823 at the age of 29. He lived a life of drunkenness & debauchery before his salvation, but he became such an outgoing witness & testimony for God that he became known as “God’s glad man.”

One time he was digging potatoes from his garden & felt the devil oppressing him. It seemed to him that the devil said, “Billy Bray, God doesn’t love you. If He did, He wouldn’t give you such tiny potatoes & so few.”

But Billy Bray didn’t listen to the devil’s temptation, he talked back to him. He said, “I served you long & true, Devil, and no better servant could a master ever have than I was to you. But when I served you, you didn’t give me any potatoes. When I served you, you didn’t give me anything good for my efforts.”

Billy Bray reminded himself that the burden he had serving Christ was lighter than the one he had serving the devil. The yoke that he wore in partnership with & submission to Jesus was easier than the yoke he wore as one of the devil’s disciples.

- (ministry127.com)

“My yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light.” -  Lord Jesus Christ (Mat 11:30 ISV)

Ps 34:10 (GNT): “Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the Lord lack nothing good.”

No comments: