Wednesday, April 12, 2017

CHRIST’S PRAYER



Heb 5:7 (GNT): “In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him.”

Comment on the above verse: “Christ’s prayer was not that He might be saved from dying; after all, to die for sinners was His very purpose in coming to the world. His prayer was that He might be delivered out of death that His soul might not be left in Hades. This prayer was answered when God raised Him from the dead.” - (MacDonald; Believer's Bible Commentary)
 
Lord Jesus said: “Now my heart is troubled - and what shall I say? Shall I say, ‘Father, do not let this hour come upon me’? But that is why I came - so that I might go through this hour of suffering.” (John 12:27 GNT)

1 John 5:14 (NIV) says: “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”

No comments: