Thursday, August 3, 2017

ROCK OF AGES



A Welsh lady, when she lay dying, was visited by her minister. He said to her, “Sister, are you sinking?”

She answered him not a word, but looked at him with incredulous eye. He repeated the question, “Sister, are you sinking?”

She looked at him again as if she could not believe he would ask such a question.

At last, rising a little in her bed, she said, “Sinking! Sinking! Did you ever know a sinner to sink through a rock? If I had been standing on the sand, I might sink; but thank God, I'm on the Rock of Ages, and there is no sinking there.”

- C. H. Spurgeon (moreillustrations.com)

Ps 40:2 (WEB): “He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand.”

“Take your stand on the Rock of Ages. Let death, let the judgment come: the victory is Christ's and yours through Him.” -  D.L. Moody.

No comments: