Sunday, August 6, 2017

TOO LATE



In World War 1, an English soldier watched in horror when his lifelong friend fell under gunfire. All the soldiers had to retreat. The soldier asked permission from the lieutenant to fetch his friend from the no-mans-land.

The lieutenant agreed but added: "It is hardly worth it. Your friend is probably dead & you may die too."

The soldier did not care about the warning & miraculously he did reach his friend, lifted him to his shoulders & stumbled back. He was wounded in the process.

The lieutenant helped them to safety & noticed the soldier's friend was already dead.

"I am sorry for your friend - but I told you it was not worth it. Your friend is dead & now you are also seriously wounded."

"I have to disagree with you, Sir. It was worth it", the soldier answered.

"What do you mean?" the lieutenant wondered.

"It was worth it", the soldier repeated. "When I got to my friend, he was still alive & said ‘Jim, I knew you would never leave me.’"

- (aksermonillustrations.blogspot.in)

“There's no use doing a kindness if you do it a day too late.” -  Charles Kingsley.

Gal 6:10 (VOICE): “So seize any opportunity the Lord gives you to do good things and be a blessing to everyone.…”
        

No comments: