Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A WAY OUT



Many a mayor is a friend to the people - just like in the following story.

A taxpayer entered the office of the water registrar in a small city & explained himself & his business there as follows:

"My name is O'Rafferty. And my cellar is full of water & my hens will all be drowned entirely if it isn’t fixed."
It was explained to the complainant that the remedy for his need must be sought at the office of the mayor & he therefore departed to meet that official.

After an interval of a few days, O'Rafferty made a second visit to the office of the registrar.

"I've come again to tell that my cellar is now full of water than ever it was before. And I'm telling that I want it fixed."

The registrar again explained that he was powerless in the matter & that the only recourse must be to the mayor.

O'Rafferty snorted. “I did that! And what did the mayor say to me? Huh! he said, ‘Mr. O'Rafferty, why don't you keep ducks?’"

- (moreillustrations.com)

“What you can't go through, God will help you fly over.” -  Woodrow Kroll.

1 Cor 10:13 (GNT): “Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.”

No comments: