Wednesday, January 23, 2019

MISSIONS



One St. Thomas Day, on a bridge in London, an unwanted babe was picked up by a kindhearted man. The child was named Thomas Bridges, because he had been picked up on a bridge on St. Thomas Day. After he was educated, he went out as a missionary to Tierra del Fuego.

Charles Darwin on his scientific expedition to study the beetle saw what Bridges was doing for the savages & sent him a contribution, saying he formerly had little use for missions, but having witnessed the transformation in the lives of the natives wrought by Thomas Bridges, he was glad to have a part in the work.

- (moreillustrations.com)

“I don’t care about my own life. The most important thing is that I complete my mission. I want to finish the work that the Lord Jesus gave me - to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.” – Paul (Acts 20:24 ICB)

“Today Christians spend more money on dog food than missions." -  Leonard Ravenhill.

No comments: