Thursday, April 21, 2016

TOO BUSY NOT TO PRAY



George Mueller said: “I look upon it as a lost day when I have not had a good time over the Word of God.

Friends often say, ‘I have so much to do, so many people to see, I cannot find time for Scripture study.’

Perhaps there are not many who have more to do than I. For more than half a century I have never known one day when I had not more business than I could get through. For 4 years, I have had annually about 30,000 letters & most of these have passed through my own hands.

Then, as pastor of a Church with 1,200 believers, great has been my care. Besides, I have had charge of 5  orphanages; also, at my publishing depot, the printing & circulating of millions of tracts, books & Bibles; but I have always made it a rule never to begin work until I have had a good season with God & His Word.

The blessing I have received has been wonderful.”

From ‘A Journey to Victorious Praying’ - Bill Thrasher (ministry127.com)

“Our God has boundless resources. The only limit is in us. Our asking, our thinking, our praying are too small. Our expectations are too limited.” - A.B. Simpson.

Jude 1:20 (TLB): “But you, dear friends, must build up your lives ever more strongly upon the foundation of our holy faith, learning to pray in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit.”

No comments: