Thursday, May 5, 2016

PERFECT LOVE CASTETH OUT FEAR



One day Bramwell Booth went to his aged father, William Booth (a British Methodist preacher who founded ‘The Salvation Army’ and became its first General) then groping for sight & told the old General that the doctors said they could do no more for his eyes.

"Do you mean that I am blind & must remain blind?"

"I fear it is so," said Bramwell.

"Shall I never see your face again?" asked the old man.

"No, probably not in this world."

The General moved out his hand until he felt & clasped the hand of his son. He said, "God must know best, Bramwell. I have done what I could for God and the people with my eyes. Now I shall do what I can for God and the people without my eyes."

- R. H. W. Shepherd. (moreillustrations.com)

“Do what you can and pray for what you cannot yet do.” - Augustine.

1 Cor 15:58 (NCV): “So my dear brothers and sisters, stand strong. Do not let anything move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.”

No comments: