Monday, May 9, 2016

PROPER COMMUNICATION



Long ago, a woman who traveled abroad without her husband got to Paris & found a fabulous bracelet she’d been looking for. So she sent a wire back home saying,

“I have found this beautiful bracelet, one I’ve been looking for all my life. It only costs $7,500. Do you think I can buy it?”

Her husband wired back a short but firm reply, “No, price too high!” And he signed his name.

But in the transmission, the comma was left out & the message read, “No price too high.”

Oh, she was thrilled! Omitting that comma almost put that guy in a coma.

From ‘If I Should Die Before I Live’ - Joe LoMusio. (ministry127.com)

Col 4:6 (TLB):”Let your conversation be gracious as well as sensible, for then you will have the right answer for everyone.”

“Genuine good taste consists in saying much in few words, in choosing among our thoughts, in having order and arrangement in what we say, and in speaking with composure.” - Francois Fenelon.

No comments: