Sunday, September 4, 2016

PLAYING CARDS



Travelling in a railway train with some men who were playing a game of cards, a Christian was asked to have a hand.

“I'm sorry,” he said, “but I have not my hands with me.”

“What do you mean?” they asked, pointing to his hands.

“These are not mine,” he said, “they belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. When they were mine I used to play cards. But since I yielded them to Christ, they are never employed in that way, for He has filled them for His service.”

Rom 12:1 (ISV): “I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.”

- (moreillustrations.com)

“A deck of cards used to be called, ‘The Devil's Bible’ and in the 17th Century it was called, ‘The Devil's Picture Book’. …No Christian should play cards. … As far as I am concerned, I would not allow the ‘Dirty Deck’ to desecrate my Christian home and tarnish my testimony.”  - J.D. Carlson.

No comments: