Friday, September 16, 2016

PROPERTY TAX



A tax collector one day came to a minister in order to assess the value of his property & to determine the amount of his taxes.

"I am a rich man," said the minister.

The official quickly sharpened his pencil & asked intently, "Well, what do you own?"

The pastor replied, "I am the possessor of a Savior who earned for me everlasting life & who has prepared a place for me in the Eternal City."

"What else?"

"I have a brave, pious wife, and Solomon says, `Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."' (Pro 31:10).

"What else?"

"Obedient children."

"What else?"

"A merry heart which enables me to pass through life joyfully."

"What else?"

"That is all," replied the minister.

The official closed his book, took his hat & said, "You are indeed a rich man, sir, but your property is not subject to taxation."

- The King's Business. (moreillustrations.com)

2 Cor 8:9 (ERV): “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. You know that he gave up his heavenly riches for you. He gave up everything so that you could be richly blessed.”

“GRACE - God's Riches At Christ's Expense.” - Author Unknown.
 

No comments: