Monday, June 26, 2017

THE DANGER OF COMPARISON



“Don’t be guilty of comparing your accomplishments or performances with those of any other (person) preacher.  To do so is to lessen your own effectiveness & frustrate the grace of God.  You are you & to attempt to become more is to become less.”

- Dr. Raymond Barber in ‘Profile of a Preacher’.

Luke 18:11 (GW): The Pharisee stood up and prayed, “God, I thank you that I’m not like other people! I’m not a robber or a dishonest person. I haven’t committed adultery. I’m not even like this tax collector...”

Phi 2:3 (WE): “Do not try to prove you are better than others. Do not be proud of yourselves, but be humble. Think of other people as being better than yourselves.”

“Take heed that you faithfully perform the business you have to do in the world, from a regard to the commands of God; and not from an ambitious desire of being esteemed better than others.” - David Brainerd.


No comments: