Monday, October 9, 2017

GENEROUS SPIRIT



A miner worked very hard every day in the mines for a living. The overseer of the mine said to him one day:

"Thomas, I've got an easier post for you, where there is not much hard work & where you will get better wages. Will you accept it?"

Most men would have jumped at such an offer. But what did this noble fellow do? He said to the overseer:

"Captain, there's our poor brother Tregony: he has a sickly body & not able to do hard work as I can. I am afraid his work will shorten his life & then what will his poor family do? Won't you please let him have this easier post? I can go on working as I have done."

The overseer was wonderfully pleased with Thomas's generous spirit.

- Gospel Herald. (moreillustrations.com)

Gal 6:2 (MOUNCE): “Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden for anyone else.” - Charles Dickens.

No comments: