Sunday, October 22, 2017

WHEN WE HAVEN’T MUCH TO SHOW



There is a very human story told of a commercial traveler who presented himself before his chief after finishing his round.

Taking the very small batch of orders in his hand, the manager looked at the man & said, "And is this all you've done?"

In reply the man looked steadily at his employer & said, "No, sir, it isn't all I've done, but I'm afraid it is all I can show."

In our work for God it is often when we toil hardest that we can show the least tangible result. But if there has been the earnest endeavor to serve Christ, we may be sure that He knows all about it & will reward us accordingly.

- United Methodist. (moreillustrations.com)

Rev 22:12 (CEB): “Look! I’m coming soon. My reward is with me, to repay all people as their actions deserve.”

“The supreme test of service is this: For whom am I doing this? Much that we call service to Christ is not such at all....If we are doing this for Christ, we shall not care for human reward or even recognition. - A.T. Pierson.

No comments: