Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ASSURANCE



Robert Bruce, of Kinnaird, after breakfast on the last day of his life, said suddenly to his daughter:

"Hold, daughter; my Master calleth me."

At these words his sight, unconsciously to himself, failed & he called for a Bible; but finding that he was sightless, he said:

"Turn up the 8th chapter of Romans & put my finger on verse 39."

"Now," he said, "is my finger on it?"

They told him it was. Then he said: "God be with you my children; I have breakfasted with you, & I shall sup with the Lord Jesus Christ tonight." Immediately he died.

- Dawn. (moreillustrations.com)

Rom 8:38-39 (PHILLIPS): “I have become absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God’s whole world has any power to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord!”

“I believe hundreds of ‘Christians’ are being deceived by Satan now on this point, that they have not got the assurance of salvation just because they are not willing to take God at His word.” -  D.L. Moody.

No comments: