Tuesday, July 14, 2015

BEAUTY


Betsey Patterson of Baltimore was regarded as the most beautiful woman in America & the charm of her beauty was acknowledged in the highest circles of Europe.

 In 1804 Napoleon's youngest brother, on a visit to America, became infatuated with Elizabeth & married her; but the marriage was afterward annulled through the influence of Napoleon.

Writing in middle life to a friend, she confessed, "I am dying with boredom. I am tired of reading & of all my ways of killing time. I am tired of life & tired of having lived."

Toward the end of her career, Betsey Patterson said, "Once I had everything but money. Now I have nothing but money."

Such was the sad confession of a woman who had great beauty of body & delighted to adorn that body, but had no inner beauty of the soul - what Peter calls the "hidden man of the heart" (I Pet. 3:4).

- (moreillustrations.com)

Pro 11:22 (BBE): "Like a ring of gold in the nose of a pig, is a beautiful woman who has no sense."

"Although we will never be perfect in this life, it's God's passionate desire to continually transform our hearts and lives to reflect the beauty, love and holiness of Jesus." - Chip Ingram.

No comments: