Wednesday, July 29, 2015

MY SOUL. I HAVE LOST IT.


Someone has illustrated the value of a soul with a modern parable in this manner.

A householder took a trip into a far country & left with his servant a child & the child's clothes.

After a while he returned & the servant said to him: "Sir, here are all the child's clothes. They are in excellent condition – clean, mended & pressed. But as for the child, I do not know where the child is."

So in the last day some will say: "Lord, here is my body - I have neglected nothing that belongs to it. It is strong, well & beautiful. But as for my soul. I have lost it."

- The Presbyterian. (moreillustrations.com)

"Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world, and lost your
soul. Was it worth it?" - Billy Graham.

Jesus said: "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes on Him should have everlasting life. And I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40 MKJV)

No comments: