Friday, August 21, 2015

TACT


Tact is one of the lost arts of the 20th century. I heard about a man who lacked tact. He was the type of person who just couldn’t say anything graciously.

He & his wife owned a poodle. They loved this dog. It was the object of their affection.

The wife was to take a trip abroad & she made it to New York on the first day. She called home & asked her husband, “How are things?”

He said, “The dog’s dead!”

She was devastated. After collecting her thoughts, she asked, “Why do you do that? Why can’t you be more tactful?”

He said, “Well, what do you want me to say? The dog died.”

She said, “Well, you can give it to me in stages. For example, you could have said, ‘The dog went out on the roof.’ And then when I travel to London the next day & call, you could tell me, ‘Honey, the dog fell & had to be taken to the vet. In fact, he’s in the hospital, not doing well.’ And finally, when I call you from Rome, ‘Honey, brace yourself. Our dog died.’ I could handle that.”

The husband paused & said, “Oh, I see.”

Then she asked, “By the way, how’s Mother?”

He said, “She’s on the roof.”

-  Michel LeBoeuf (ministry127.com)

Pro 14:13 (GNB): "Laughter may hide sadness. When happiness is gone, sorrow is always there."

"The Lord gives His people perpetual joy when they walk in obedience to Him." -  D.L. Moody.

No comments: