Thursday, August 6, 2015

The "Blues" or the Gospel?


In "Today in My Vineyard," the Annual Report of the Open Air Mission, an evangelist describes his part in a social evening at the Y.M.C.A. hut at Carnarvon Camp during the Great War.

The man before him sang, "The Wibbly-Wobbly Blues." Then the evangelist went on the platform and said, "Boys, this morning I visited a poor fellow who lay with pneumonia. It wouldn't have been of much comfort to him if I had sung 'The Wibbly-Wobbly Blues,' would it? I gave him `The Old, Old Story' - and now I'm going to give it to you."

When they closed that night there were twenty men on their knees, seeking Christ.

- Sunday School Times. (moreillustrations.com)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God's power for the salvation of everyone who believes, of the Jew first and of the Greek as well." – Paul (Rom 1:16 ISV)

"The gospel is not speculation but fact. It is truth, because it is the record of a Person who is the Truth."  - Alexander MacLaren.

No comments: