Monday, October 26, 2015

"MY JESUS, AS THOU WILT"


The hymn, "My Jesus, as Thou Wilt" was written by Benjamin Schmolke, and is based on Mark 14:36.

We can hear its heart-throbs in every line. Schmolke's home town was nearly destroyed by fire. Two of his own children were taken by flames. Later he himself was stricken with paralysis which eventually led to blindness.
Yet he could sing his "Hymn of Trust":

"My Jesus, as Thou wilt! 
Oh may Thy will be mine! 
Into Thy hand of love 
I would my all resign.

Through sorrow or through joy, 
Conduct me as Thine own, 
And help me still to say, 
"My Lord, Thy will be done."

-Ivan H. Hagedorn. Sunday School Times. (moreillustrations.com)

Job said: "I was born with nothing, and I will die with nothing. The Lord gave, and now he has taken away. May his name be praised!"


Inspite of everything that had happened, Job did not sin by blaming God. (Job 1:21 & 22 GNB)

No comments: