Monday, October 26, 2015

THE GREAT INHERITANCE


In one of Dr. J. Wilbur Chapman's meetings a man rose to give the following remarkable testimony:

"I got off at the Pennsylvania depot one day as a tramp, and for a year I begged on the streets for a living.

One day I touched a man on the shoulder and said, `Mister, please give me a dime.' As soon as I saw his face, I recognized my old father.

`Father, don't you know me?' I asked.

Throwing his arms around me, he cried, `I have found you, I have found you, I have found you; all I have is yours.'

Men, think of it, that I, a tramp, stood begging my father for ten cents, when for eighteen years he had been looking for me, to give me all he was worth."

Such is the love of the heavenly Father for His sinning children.

—Sunday School Chronicle. (moreillustrations.com)


"And now I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you the inheritance among all them that are sanctified." - Paul (Acts 20:32 ASV)

No comments: