Friday, October 9, 2015

No One Else Pled for His Salvation


A pastor was passing a big department store & followed a sudden impulse to go in & talk to the proprietor on the subject of his salvation.

Finding him, he said: “I’ve talked beds & carpets & bookcases with you, but I’ve never talked my business with you. Would you give me a few minutes to do so?”

Being led to the private office, the minister took out his New Testament & showed him passage after passage which brought before that business man his need to accept Jesus Christ.

Finally the tears began to roll down his cheeks & he said to the pastor:

“I’m 75 yrs of age. I was born in this city & more than a 100 ministers & more than 500 church officers have known me as you have, to do business with, but in all these years you are the only man who ever spoke to me about my soul.”

Source: The Ministers Manual, Volume 29, G. B. F. Hallock (ministry127.com)

John 1:12 (ESV) "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."

"I am not the author of the plan of salvation, but I am responsible for the way I preach it." - Billy Sunday

No comments: