Wednesday, January 11, 2017

MERCY



A mother sought the pardon of her son from Napoleon. The emperor said it was his second offense & justice demanded his death.

"I don't ask for justice," said his mother, "I plead for mercy."

"But," said the emperor, "he does not deserve mercy."

"Sir," cried the mother, "it would not be mercy if he deserved it & mercy is all I ask for."

"Well, then," said the emperor, "I will have mercy." And her son was saved.

- Good Company. (moreillustrations.com)

Ep 2:8 (CEV): “You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God’s gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own.”

When Thomas Hooker was dying, one present said to him, "You are going to receive the reward of your labors." He replied, "I am going to receive mercy."

No comments: