Sunday, February 12, 2017

FOOLISHNESS



I remember a missionary from China stating that while preaching at a Port, he was accosted at the close of his discourse by a sailor, saying, "I will not believe what you have told us until you inform me why God allowed sin to come into the world."

The missionary was a blunt man & his answer came quickly. "Man," he said, "you are a fool & I will prove it. 

Suppose a man was on the top floor of an eleven-story building & a fire broke out in the first floor. The man heard the cries of fire but he kept on reading a book.

Finally the flames burst right into his room. He rushed to the window; saw a fire escape there & firemen below. Instead of climbing down the ladder to safety, he shouted down to the firemen, `I won't come down until you tell me how the fire started in the building.'

What would you think of that man?" he inquired of the sailor.

"I would say he was a fool," the sailor blurted out & by his statement he thus condemned himself.

- Gospel Herald. (moreillustrations.com)

1 Cor 1:18 (ICB): “The teaching about the cross seems foolish to those who are lost. But to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”

“An honest heart is open to the Word.” -  A.W. Pink.

No comments: