Monday, February 6, 2017

KNOWING CHRIST INTIMATELY



Mr. Glenny, the founder of the North Africa Mission, was once away upon the Yorkshire moors & he was told there was a very godly old shepherd who would be minding the sheep out on those moors & Mr. 
Glenny said, "I would like to meet that man."

They said, "You will find him. Just roam over the moors & you will come across him all right."

One morning Mr. Glenny started out & there among the sheep he found this old shepherd. He walked up to him & said, "Brother, may I shake hands with you? I hear you love the Lord Jesus."

I do not feel that it is irreverent if I give you that shepherd's reply in the words he used. He said, "Yes, sir, I love the Lord Jesus, and me & Him are very thick.”

Could you say that? Are you on terms like that with the Lord Jesus?

- Gospel Herald. (moreillustrations.com)

Js 2:23 (CEV): This is what the Scriptures mean by saying, “Abraham had faith in God, and God was pleased with him.” That’s how Abraham became God’s friend.

“The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ.” -  Oswald Chambers.

Js 4:4 (GNT): “Unfaithful people! Don't you know that to be the world's friend means to be God's enemy? If you want to be the world's friend, you make yourself God's enemy.”

No comments: