Thursday, February 9, 2017

PRAYER & HIS WILL



One day a lady was giving her little nephew some lessons. He was generally a good, attentive child, but on this occasion he could not fix his mind on his work. 

Suddenly he said, "Auntie, may I kneel down & ask God to help me find my marble?"

His aunt having given her consent, the little boy knelt by his chair, closed his eyes & prayed silently. Then he rose & went on with his lessons contentedly.

Next day, almost afraid of asking the question, lest the child had not found his toy & so might lose his simple faith, the lady said to him, "Well, dear, have you found your marble?"

"No, auntie” was the reply; "but God has made me not want to."

God does not always answer our prayers in the way we wish or expect; but if we are sincere in our appeal to him, He will take from us the desire for what is contrary to His will & give us faith to leave all to His holy will.

- Grace and Truth. (moreillustrations.com)

Mat 26:39 (ICB): Then Jesus walked a little farther away from them. He fell to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, do not give me this cup of suffering. But do what you want, not what I want.”

1 Jn 5:14 (ISV): “And this is the confidence that we have in him: if we ask for anything according to his will, he listens to us.”

No comments: